Volkslift, we try to make the installation of a lift in an existing building as simple as possible. Here are some of the questions most frequently asked by users of our web page. If your question is not shown here, please contact us.
- + How long does it take to install a lift?
- Once planning permission has been obtained, and the shaft has been completed, the installation of the lift takes between two and four weeks.
- + The lift shaft is very small. Are there any special solutions for installing a lift?
- Volkslift offers lifts, tailored, personalized and adapted to the requirements of each building. Maximum versatility in design to obtain spacious cars and greater door clearance combined with safety, comfort and aesthetics to blend in with the environment in all our projects.
- + What happens to the lift if there is a power failure?
- Volkslift lifts have automatic rescue systems to take the lift to the floor and open the doors, thereby enabling the easy evacuation of personnel.
- + I do not have a three-phase line, can I install a lift?
- Volkslift offers single phase lifts at 220 V, with reduced consumption, with either electric or hydraulic technology, without needing to install and contract a new line.
- + Can I customize the car decor for my lift?
- In addition to an extensive catalogue of car models, Volkslift has a wide range of personalized finishes for you to decorate your car to suit your taste.
- + Does Volkslift have lifts with high levels of energy-efficiency?
- Volkslift LIFTS has eco-efficient designs offering reduced consumption. We offer lifts with the latest innovations in energy efficiency: intelligent lighting (LEDs), standby management systems and electricity recovery equipment.
- + Does Volkslift have environmentally-friendly lifts?
- Yes, we have life-cycle analysis tools (eco-indicator 99) that allow us to assess the ecological profile of each of our products, complying in advance with Directive 2009/125/EC.
- + Can I ask for a non-binding cost estimate?
- Please contact us, we will send you a cost estimate shortly.
- + Cost of Elevator
- Elevator cost may vary depending on type and size of elevator, number of floor it serves, cabin finishes etc. Depending on these factors a lift for home could cost anything from $ 40,000 on-wards, yet there are also secondary costs such as:
1. Maintenance, electricity consumption and running costs.
2:Amount of space you have to Sacrifice for Elevator.
3. Cost of other preparatory building works.
4. Safety of human life.
- + Cost Breakdown Of Elevator
- Building Works: Building works for a Elevator Shaft and Motor Room is primary expanse, that building owner must carry out these works for Installation. Some Elevators require less civil work options such as Platform Lift and Stair Lift. The option of metal lift shafts supplied by elevator companies is another trend. Elevator Installation: Elevator Equipment + Cost of Logistics+ Installations + Engineering and Services Charges by Agency + Provisions of warranty and free one year Service.
- + Is The Pricing Of Elevator Correct?
- This problem is often faced by customer when many companies decide to price its product differently, how would you know if you are paying right price for the elevator, the price you pay may be still cheaper than some top tier elevator companies but if its not the same product there is no way for you to compare and tell exact pricing. If you have doubt about your pricing ask us for a advice you on your lift installation, modernization or maintenance pricing.
- + Common Mistakes While Buying An Elevator
- While buying Elevator people often do not take expert advice and base their decisions on specs and pricing. Often giving preference to a supplier who says what customer wants to hear, minimum civil work, some additional features, functions, aesthetics and compromising Safety, Reliability of Machine to be installed. The best elevators are often not with the best features but with best reliability, safety and maintainability. The right type and specs of elevator so as to achieve desired results in terms of reliability, maintainability and safety will depends on every building and nature of use of elevator.
- + Value Of Elevator
- With rising prices of land the Elevators so far are the only available solution which allows you to have decent property without owning land. With ageing population even in landed houses there is an urgent need for properties to be accessible, A right type of Elevator installation will likely increases the value of your property, Therefore it is important to evaluate the overall value proposition while paying the cost.
- + What Is The Right Elevator For You ?
1: Consider your primary use: Private? Shared? Visitor? General?
2: Statutory Compliance of BCA.
3: Safety and Reliability.
4: Duty cycle and traffic of your Elevator.
5: Maintenance cost Entire Life cycle cost.
6: Rescue and Emergency Management system of building.
7: Serviceability and Maintainability.
- + Options of Lifts in Singapore ?
Traction Passenger Lift
Hydraulic Passenger Lift
Cargo, Service and Car Lifts
- + BCA Regulations to installing a lift in your premises
For New Lift, Submit Proposed Lift in Your building Plan or write to BCA if you did not include lift in your building plan but decided to install a lift later on.
Step 1 : Once Building plan is submitted and is approved you may proceed to install a lift.
Step 2 : Find out type of lift allowed in your building Premises by BCA. Choose from correct option:
A. For House and Personal use one can Install a Stair Lift, Platform Lift or Passenger Lift:
Platform lift is a basic mobility aid and does not require any pit or headroom on top but extremely slow speed, You can Install a Hydraulic type or Traction type or any other type of lift but for BCA to grant permit to operate the lift has to comply with European Standard (EN-81-41-2010) or American Standard (ASME 81.1-2014)
Home lift is like any normal lift with normal speed and requires certain headroom and pit depth, but limited in terms of size and floors. The difference with normal Passenger lift is that it is not for public use and therefore BCA has loosen up requirements and it can comply with either Singapore Code (SS 550:2009) or Japan Elevator Association code. Like Platform Lift Home lift can be either Hydraulic or Traction, however hydraulic lift has lower headroom and pit requirement both as per manufacturer and BCA.
Stair Lift: Stair Lift is most value for money Solution no need of prior approval must comply to American Standard (ASME 81.1-2014)
B. For Public Use and any other lift:
Passenger Lift: Lift available for use by several passengers outside a house is defined as a passenger Lift whether Hydraulic or Traction, it Must Comply with Singapore Code (SS 550:2009)
Service Lift: A lift primarily used to transport Goods and passengers both, Must Comply with Singapore Code (SS 550:2009))
Goods Lift: A lift used to transport goods only and no passenger other than those for loading and unoading of goods this too has to Comply with Singapore Code (SS 550:2009)
Step 3: Install Lift and Obtain Permit to Operate As per latest regulation every lift in Singapore must display a valid permit to operate lift which is renewed on an annual basis, Appoint a BCA registered Lift Contractor and when Lift works are finished Lift contractor or Building Owner have to arrange a third party BCA Authorized Examiner (PE specifically authorized for Lift certification ) to inspect the lift if it is compliant then the owner must log in to BCA Portal for lodgement of lift after the owner finishes his part, the Lift contractor has to log in and finish his part and lastly the PE has to certify through same web Portal. The permit to operate will be issued shortly thereafter.
Step 4 : Annual Renewal of Permit to Operate
As permit to operate is granted for a year, for renewal of permit the lift owner must arrange again with Lift Contractor and Authorized Examiner r to do an annual 'No load test' and the Authorized Examiner will examine if anything has changed in lift during course of one year. If it is still compliant to BCA safety requirement AE will give a go ahead else he may ask to rectify the faults before granting permission, then repeat lodgement process in step 3 and permit to operate will be granted valid for one year.
- + If I cannot dig a pit for my new lift in my home, is there other option?
- You can choose to install a platform lift that can be pit less or has 100mm pit requirement.